It all started with one bag. The same bag I still carry today 3 years later. I wanted to make a simply functional pack that can transition anywhere – from the studio, to the cafe, or to a clients office. The pack is designed with the hard functionality of classic hiking packs but the simplicity and durability of leather, the carryall is meant to transport all of your essentials, with both style and comfort in mind. Reminiscent of old school Duluths, but with a modern twist.
I get a lot of questions on the functionality of the bag so I wanted to outline some of the design features of our design:
– Adjustable Closure – The iconic “V” strap closure is as functional as it is aesthetic. Its meant to hold the flap down evenly, but can also be used to carry unusually sized items. Believe it or not, I’ve carried everything from small packages from the post office to full bolts of leather with this.
– Adjustable Side Straps – Helps keep your contents compact and close for comfort. It also helps as the leather softens and stretches.
– Re-enforced Boot- To support the your contents as the leather stretches over time
– Large Panel Pieces - Although this takes alot of time to procure from a leather hide, the main panel of the bag is one single piece. There are only 6 leather pieces to the entire bag. The simplicity of the pack is actually designed for durability.
– Cotton Webbing – Soft and easy to adjust, especially on the move.
– 8″ x 8″ Interior Drop Pocket – To carry your most important items for easy access.
– One of a Kind – The best feature is that it the natural vegetable tan leather evolves over time, softening and darkening. Areas where you most interact with will be darker from the oils from your hands. And as your bag gets exposed to the natural environment it will carmelize adding characterto the bag.
CLASSIC HIKING PACK INSPIRATION